Local Business Alliance: Code of Ethics
The Castle Rock Local Business Alliance (LBA) has adopted this Member Code of Ethics (COE) to establish guidelines that reflect the highest professional principals and standards under which our members operate. Our COE are designed to promote responsible business practices, proper legal and ethical conduct, quality of services and goods, and overall excellence. As a condition of LBA membership, all applicants and members have agreed to the following guidelines:
- Operate their business, organization, or practice in compliance with any applicable local, state, federal or international laws, and any regulatory or HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice, and refrain from any form of unethical or immoral conduct.
- Uphold the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, conduct themselves in a manner that respects the rights, welfare, free will, autonomy, and dignity of others, and do no harm to the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of others.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of every person by not discriminating against their clients, customers, patients, members, or colleagues based on race, religion, beliefs, age, ethnic or national origin, disability, health status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Members shall discern whom they choose to serve.
- Accurately describe any services being rendered and their associated costs in a manner that allows for informed consent.
- Provide high-quality services, products, and/or experiences.
- Render services for only the length of time that is reasonably necessary for the well-being of the person receiving them.
- Take necessary precautions when rendering services, and provide them in a safe and clean environment.
- Maintain professional boundaries and refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct involving their clients or patients in the course of performing professional services.
- Possess and maintain the knowledge and skills necessary for continued professional competence through continued education and training by regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness.
- Whenever applicable, recommend that another professional provide certain services because of specialized knowledge, skills, education, or credentials.
- Ensure that any financial and personal information obtained is accessible only to those who have authorized access and that it is kept in a secure location.
- Be truthful in advertising and marketing, and not misrepresent their services, charges for services, credentials, training, experience, abilities, or results.
- Render professional services only to persons age 18 years or older unless given written permission by a parent or guardian.
- Refrain from using their LBA membership, including the LBA name, LBA logo, LBA Member Seal of Approval logo, CastleRockCO.com logo, any of the LBA’s intellectual property, or the member’s position in any way that is unauthorized, improper, or misleading.
- Do not harass customers, members, prospects, or any other person of the public.
- Do not threaten frivolous litigation.
- LBA Members agree to arborization with LBA Administrator to resolve customer complaints. Failure to resolve the complaints or issues may result in the revocation of membership.
The Castle Rock Local Business Alliance – LBA reserves the right to cancel a membership in the LBA for a breach of the Member Code of Ethics that has been brought to our attention. In the event of such an occurrence, a thorough review process will be completed prior to cancellation.
Adopted by the LBA Executive Director – January, 2021